Saturday, March 28, 2009

Beautiful Sunny Saturday

So I basically took another week off from training. I listen to my body and my mind when making decisions about my training, and this seemed like the right thing to do. This week just didn’t feel “right” and thus I relaxed. Hopefully it won’t be detrimental on my 14 mile run next week, but now that I am pretty well rested, it shouldn’t be a problem.

Today I decided to go on a run/workout that encompassed the long run and the Thursday track workout which I missed due to feeling not too great. I ran to the local high school (about 2.5 miles away) and then ran a couple laps. I hadn’t done any speed work lately so I pushed the will power to complete some hardcore training. I ran a fast lap, then jogged a lap, and repeated 4 times, so basically 1 really fast mile, and 1 at average marathon pace. After those, which by the end were very difficult, I ran another mile in about 8 minutes. I felt like stopping, and didn’t want to overexert myself, as I hadn’t ran since the 12 miles last Saturday.

After finishing up the running portion I wasn’t quite satisfied and decided to stop in at Reach and do some weights. I did a bit of chest and bicep work and abdominal, oblique, and lower back. In the coming days I plan to do my workouts in the morning so that I can be finished for the day and not need to worry about getting it in when the sun is blazing. I will also be incorporating more weight training into my regimen.

I traveled around Palo Alto the rest of the day stopping in on a rugby game, followed by a baseball game. It was too beautiful to spend inside, so I took full advantage.

I hope tomorrow is more of the same.

Ryan

No comments:

Post a Comment